Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Studio Gear Dual Identity

So about a week ago I needed to get more mineral powder because I was out. I usually use NYX Translucent in Dark. This has been my go to for some time now. But when I went to the store, because waiting for shipping would take too long, they were out.

So I asked a consultant, what alternative should I use? He suggested Smashbox HD Powder. So he tried it on me, and it was really nice. It even left a cool feelinig. However heardthe downside was the price $59.00. That was way too much for just one powder.

He then showed me Studio Gear Dual Identity. I have never heard of it. It is a dual mineral foundation that can be used wet or dry. All you have to do is add your favorite moisturizer, fix +, under eye cream for dark circles. You can even use water. Buff it to blend and it drys as a powder finish. It. Is very light weight, and breathable. It does not feel heavy on caked on. The price $25.50. I asked "Joe" the consultant which on did he like better. He loved the StudioGear.  That's why they were sold out.

At this point he sold me a dream and then crushed it. He gave me a sample and I returned a few days later to purchase my fix.

I've combined mine with votre vu misting spray, on top of a tinted moisturizer from Philosopy (hope) in tan.  I like the foundation a lot because its buildable for places I need more coverage. So it can go on from sheer to mid coverage. My shade is Praline. Which is the darkest shade they have.  Which I think is the only downside.  I am pretty tanned but if you are darker they won't carry your shade. Hopefully they will come out with additional shades to compliment everyones skintone.


2 comments:

  1. never heard of this one, but if you like, i presume i would too... damn, another item on my wish list lol oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is realy nice. A good bang for your buck. If you get it let me know what u think

    ReplyDelete